All jazz applicants are required to submit a pre-audition screening video through our Acceptd page by December 1. Pre-screenings must be in video format. All videos received after December 1 will only be considered based on the availability of audition times. Upon passing the pre-screening, you will receive notification by no later than December 20 inviting you to schedule your live audition.
- Prepared etude: "Friends" from the Jazz Conception book by Jim Snidero (Friends-Snidero-Trombone.pdf)
- Prepared improvisation: "Star Eyes" from Aebersold volume 34 - play the head and improvise two choruses
Live Audition Requirements
- Prepared etude: Jazz Etude 65 from Exercises for the Jazz Instrumentalist by J.J. Johnson, Hal Leonard (2002)
- Prepared improvisation: "Just Friends" Aebersold volume 34 "Jam Session" (Play head, improvise, etc)
- Sightreading portions of big band charts, jazz etudes, transcriptions, etc.
- Sightreading and improvisation on a jazz standard from an Aebersold CD (play head, improvise, etc)