Did you know?
The Community Music Division...
- Provides the highest quality music instruction to 650 students of all ages and abilities. Additional programs and special events include Youth Orchestra, New Horizons Band, Orchestra and Ensembles for adults, DePaul Community Chorus,
and the Concerto
Festival for Young Performers.
- Supports students in need with over $15,000 in yearly scholarships raised at our annual Performathon.
- Provides weekly teaching-artist led sectionals to over 200 students at Nicholas Senn High School, James Russell Lowell Elementary School, Hanson Park Elementary School, Westinghouse College Prep, and John Spry Community School.
- Administers after-school partnership programs at three offsite locations in Chicago including Oscar Mayer Magnet School,
St. Benedict's Preparatory School, and Immaculate Conception Elementary School.
- Maintains memberships in five professional organizations, including certification as a Full Member in the National Guild for Community Arts Education.
- Employs a faculty of over 70 teaching artists, 90 percent of whom hold master's degrees or higher in their field.
Our mission is to offer
quality music instruction to students regardless of their financial
situation. Your support will ensure that we can assist those who
would not otherwise have the opportunity to pursue musical studies. We accept gifts of any size. Each contribution benefits the Community Music Division.
Community Music Division804 W. Belden AveChicago, IL 60614
To make a gift online, please click here.
Gifts may also be made by mail. Please send a check to:
you wish to discuss specific giving opportunities for the Community
Music Division, please contact the Community Music Division Office at 773.325.7262 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In May of every year, more than 300 students participate in Performathon, a 10-hour
marathon recital of continuous solo and ensemble performances to raise
funds for our Community Music Division Scholarship Fund.
Friends, neighbors and family members are asked to sponsor student
performances for this fundraising event. Area businesses and interested
individuals also give their support through patron contributions,
advertisements, and donations of products and services. All proceeds from Performathon support our on-site scholarships and partnership programs with schools.