The best way to get a feel for the School of Music is to visit. We offer a variety of opportunities for prospective students and guests.
Admitted Students Day
Join us on April 21 for Admitted Students Day! This event is open to admitted students only. Register here with your Blue Demon Domain login credentials!
Read the full schedule
- 9:00 - 10:00 AM - Welcome and sign-in
- 10:00 - 10:30 AM - Recital featuring current School of Music students
- 10:30 - 11:10 AM - Question and answer session with current School of Music students
- 11:10 - 11:30 AM - Presentation by Dean Ronald Caltabiano
- 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM - Tour of the Holtschneider Performance Center, Lincoln Park Campus and residence hall
- 1:00 - 2:00 PM - Complimentary lunch
- 2:00 - 3:00 PM - Question and answer session with School of Music faculty
- 3:15 - 4:00 PM - Question and answer session with School of Music alumni
- Evening break
- 8:00 - 9:00 PM - DePaul Symphony Orchestra concert
You will also have an opportunity to schedule a one-on-one financial aid counseling session and meet other students who may become your classmates in the School of Music this fall! We're looking forward to welcoming you back to campus and giving you a taste of what it means to be a School of Music student.
School of Music Information Sessions and Tours
The School of Music offers information sessions specific to students interested in music as well as tours of the music facilities most weekdays at 1:30pm. Info sessions are led by Music Admissions staff, and tours are led by current music students. Register online.
Note that these tours include music facilities only. If you are interested in seeing the rest of the campus, you’ll need to schedule a separate campus tour (see below).
General University Information Sessions and Tours
General DePaul information sessions and tours of the Lincoln Park Campus are available Monday through Saturday. These are not specific to music students but can be helpful in learning more about the university as a whole. Register online.
Trial Lessons with Music Faculty
Students interested in having a trial lesson or meeting with a faculty member should contact that person directly. Details of trial lessons (including costs) are arranged directly with faculty. If you would like to schedule a lesson, we encourage you to arrange this part of your visit first so that you can plan around it. Faculty bios and contact information can be found here.
Observe a Class or Rehearsal
Depending on the time of year, some classes and rehearsals may be open for prospective students to observe. If you are interested in arranging a class or rehearsal observation, please send us an email with your request.
Attend a Concert
While you’re here, why not see our students in action? We have over 300 student performances each academic year. Almost all of these are free and open to the public. You can find the complete calendar here.