School of Music > Resources > Facilities Office > Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions


The majority of our facilities and all of our equipment are reserved for current School of Music students and faculty. At the end of the break following your graduation, ASIMUT access will be removed, and you will need to clear out your locker.  

We do have two dedicated alumni practice rooms (C135 and C136) on the first floor of the Holtschneider Performance Center. Please see here for more details on accessing this.  

Unfortunately, no. Both the School of Music North and Holtschneider Performance Center spaces are reserved for current School of Music students and faculty.

Low Value Items (water bottles, clothing, chargers, etc.)

There is a self-serve Lost and Found for the School of Music community located in a gray plastic bin labeled "Lost & Found" underneath the faculty mailboxes in teh Mail Room on the 2nd floor of Music North.  When the bin becomes full, these items are taken to the University Lost and Found located in Centennial Hall (2345 N. Sheffield).

High-Value Items (jewelry, technology, wallets, keys, etc.)

Any high-value items found in the SOM or HPC will be brought to the Public Safety officer in teh HPC.  The officer will take these items to the University Lost and Found daily.  If you've lost a high-value item, you can check with the Public Safety officer or call the main office at (773) 325-7777.  Their office is accessible 24/7.

Audience Lost and Found

The Box Office manages a separate Lost and Found for audiences at performances.  If you believe you've left an item while at a performance in the HPC, please visit the Box Office or call them at (773) 325-5200 during their regular business hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)

We urge everyone to be vigilant with their personal property.  The School of Music is not responsible for lost items.

Report any damage, cleaning needs, and other facility issues to Julia Miller.