All students must complete their area degree requirements in addition to university degree requirements. All degree requirements may be found in the University Catalog
- Complete a minimum of 192 quarter hours.
- Earn a minimum of 2.000 cumulative grade point average
- Satisfy all the regulations of the individual college or school granting the degree.
- Earn grades of C- or better in all major, minor and allied field classes. Please note that the cumulative grade point average in each of these areas must be greater than or equal to 2.000.
- Complete the residency requirement, i.e., he or she must have completed the following work at DePaul University: the final 60 quarter hours of credit; one-half of the credit earned in the major area of concentration; one-half of the credit earned in the minor if applicable; all courses in the senior year.
- Complete the online degree conferral application in Campus Connection by the designated deadline date.
IMPORTANT:Although you may have completed all requirements, graduation is not automatic. Every degree conferral candidate is required to file a degree conferral application for the quarter in which you anticipate completing your degree requirements.
If you have any questions about degree conferral, please contact the College Office at (773) 325-4844 or firstname.lastname@example.org. How do I apply to for degree conferral?
To apply for degree conferral, you will first need to contact your assigned advisor and/or the College Office to make sure that you will meet all of your requirements by the end of the intended graduation term. Following your meeting, you can apply through Campus Connect and under the ‘Student Center’ tab. Under Academics, select ‘Apply to Graduate’. What are the deadlines to apply for degree conferral?
Autumn Quarter: October 1
Winter Quarter: January 15
Spring Quarter: February 1
Summer Sessions: July 15What is a Graduation Check?
Graduation Checks are mandatory meetings for prospective graduates to discuss their remaining requirements for graduation. The meetings are conducted during December and February. Prospective graduates are notified by the College Office to schedule a time to discuss remaining degree requirements in the College Office. When will I receive my diploma?
Once your degree has been posted and you have provided a diploma address in Campus Connect, your diploma will be mailed 45 to 60 days after the end of the term. How do I RSVP for the Commencement Ceremony?
Tickets are not required for the ceremony as attendance is general admission. Students who reserve a cap and gown will be counted as intending to attend the ceremony.
Regalia can be reserved by using the following link: http://www.herffjones.com/college/depaul.
Standard regalia packages for DePaul students are free. Additional accessories can be purchased.Where can I find out more about Commencement?
Find out more here