I. Missed Lessons and Classes
1. Students are charged for all lessons or classes for which they
register, including those missed through student absence. Notification
of inability to attend a private lesson does not excuse payment for the
2. Regular attendance is expected of all students. A student should
notify the teacher or CMD office concerning any absence that might occur
for any reason.
3. Faculty are not required to make up lessons missed due to student
absences. If 24 hours notice is given and time is available during an
instructor’s regular teaching hours, one make-up lesson may be given at the discretion of the instructor.
4. Faculty who are tardy for a student’s lesson are required to make
up the time by extending past the scheduled lesson time, or by arranging
to make up the time on another occasion.
5. Students who are late for a lesson cannot be guaranteed their full lesson time.
6. There are no make-ups for missed classes.
7. If an instructor cancels a lesson or class, a make-up will be
offered. Make-up lessons cancelled by the student will not be offered
1. In the event of inclement weather conditions, an official
announcement will be placed on the CMD website regarding school closings. Any classes or lessons
cancelled due to the official closing of the school will be rescheduled.
2. The Community Music Division reserves the right to cancel, postpone,
combine or split classes, and to change instructors and/or location of
classes. The entire payment and registration fee will be refunded in the
case of cancellation.
1. Students enrolling for individual lessons cannot be currently
studying the same instrument or discipline at another institution or
with a private teacher without the prior approval of the CMD Director.
2. Students may not change teachers without receiving approval from the
CMD Director. Any teacher change should be made in consultation with and
approved by the Director.
3. Students and/or parents have the responsibility of communicating
with their teacher in the event of scheduling problems. The Director
should be notified if instructional or personal problems arise.
4. The School does not accept responsibility for lost or
undeliverable mail. Students are scheduled to receive all notices and registration information through the mail. Therefore, the
parent/student is responsible for notifying the CMD Office if materials
do not arrive. Students are responsible for meeting all published
deadlines regardless of any inefficiency of mail delivery.
IV. Withdrawals and Refunds
Refunds will only be considered when the full tuition for a quarter
has been paid. All requests for withdrawal must be made in writing to
the CMD Director and be approved before any refund or credit can be
granted. Verbal requests from students, parents or faculty will not be
accepted. If a student withdraws during the first two weeks of the
quarter, a refund will be made according to the following schedule:
- During first week of quarter 75%
- During second week of quarter 50%
- No refunds will be granted for any student who withdraws after the
second week of lessons or classes. The registration fee is
In keeping with University policies, no refund can be processed until
one month after the last payment has been received, or if there is
still a balance left on the account. After the one-month waiting period,
the process will take 10–15 working days.
The Community Music Division reserves the right to dismiss any
student due to lack of interest or progress, frequent absences,
behavioral problems, delinquency in payment of tuition and/or failure to
abide by policies.