DePaul University School of Music > Community Music > Enrollment >
New students may enroll for individual instruction at any time
during the year if space with an appropriate teacher is available.
Tuition will be charged on a pro-rated basis if lessons begin after the
start of a quarter.
- The first step in the enrollment process is a placement interview
with the Director of Community Music, Susanne Baker. Pre-college
students should call the office (773-325-7262) to arrange a suitable
meeting time. A short phone interview is usually sufficient for adult
- The placement interview assists the director in selecting an
appropriate instructor for the student, taking particular needs and
interests into account. In addition, the student will be informed of the
CMD's programs and policies.
- After the interview, the student will be contacted about a teacher assignment.
- After placement with an instructor has been confirmed, students
must complete a Registration Form and submit tuition and fees prior to
the first lesson.
Classes and Ensembles
- New students may register directly for classes
- Ensembles generally require a placement audition with the instructor
- Check class descriptions for specific details
Continuing students must re-register at the
beginning of each new academic year
- Once the re-registration process is
completed, invoices will be mailed prior to the start of each new
- Payment must be received before the start of instruction to
ensure placement in the program.
Late Registration for classes
- A limited number of classes allow for late registration with the instructor's permission
- Students registering after the start of a class will be required to pay full tuition