Eurhythmics is a powerful and exciting way of knowing music through the
body. Children use their body to explore
rhythm, musical components and expression.
The preschool and kindergarten years are an optimal time to explore a language
of music through social and interactive methods which encourage their
creativity and musicality in a joyful way.
In collaboration with the Dalcroze School of the Rockies, we are
pleased to offer classes for children ages 3-6.
Read more about the objectives of the class.
Founded on the work of Swiss musician and educator Emile
Jaques-Dalcroze, the Dalcroze approach offers a discovery-based, joyful,
independent and cooperative learning environment. The purposeful rhythmic movements and engaging activities
prepare students body as the instrument by increasing coordination, control,
balance, attention, spatial awareness, active listening, and vocal
precision. Eurhythmics classes provide a
deep and solid preparation to begin instrumental study, as well as enhance
musical abilities of students who are already involved in instrumental
Ages: 3 - 6 years old
Class Schedule and Fees
- Eurhythmics I (ages 3 - 4 1/2 years)
- Eurhythmics II (ages 4 1/2 - 6)
- Saturdays, 9:45 - 10:30am
- Fall 2018 - 8 sessions
- 9/15, 9/22, 9/29, 10/6, 10/20, 10/27, 11/3, 11/10
- Free Open House: September 8, 9:30am
Open classes are scheduled throughout the year for the students
to share with families and friends what they have learned.
- Tuition for 8 sessions
- $176 (single student)
- $132 (each student sibling discount)
- DePaul University School of Music, Lincoln Park Campus
- Holtschneider Performance Center, 2330 N. Halsted St.