Eurhythmics classes are a movement and discovery based approach to
music education. Founded on the work of Swiss musician and
educator Emile Jaques-Dalcroze, this unique method facilitates musical
understanding at an early age through movement, ear training, and
improvisation. Using all of the senses, children become independent learners
while developing musicality and a spontaneous physical
response to music.
Students actively participate in singing, games, dramatization,
and movement activities as they explore elements of music such as melody,
rhythm, meter, dynamics, and phrasing. This class also includes an
“Introduction to the Instruments” component leading to potential Suzuki
instruction in violin, cello, piano, guitar, or flute.
Classes are suitable
for beginning students as well as young children already involved in
instrumental instruction. Activity sheets to complete with parents at home
reinforce the ideas learned each week. The
curriculum is created by Dr. Jeremy Dittus from Dalcroze™ School of the Rockies™.
Ages: 3 - 6 years old
Class Schedule and Fees
- Eurhythmics I (ages 3 - 4 1/2 years)
- Eurhythmics II (ages 4 1/2 - 6)
- Saturdays, 9:45 - 10:30am
- Fall 2018 - 8 sessions
- 9/15, 9/22, 9/29, 10/6, 10/13, 10/27, 11/3, 11/10
- $176 (single student)
- $132 (each student sibling discount)
- DePaul University School of Music, Lincoln Park Campus
- Holtschneider Performance Center, 2330 N. Halsted St.