A Bachelor of Music in performance combines extensive performance opportunities in both large and chamber ensembles with applied lessons and studies in literature and pedagogy.PERFORMANCE MAJORS:
- Train with faculty who are themselves highly accomplished musicians, including members of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Lyric Opera of Chicago Orchestra, and the Metropolitan Opera
- Learn in a healthy, collegial and supportive environment. Although we expect a high standard, we do this in a way that supports and encourages their growth into both fine musicians, and well-adjusted individuals. Mutual respect, collaboration and cooperation are critical to making music in its highest form
- Have the opportunity to perform in some of Chicago's major musical venues, including Orchestra Hall at Symphony Center, the Merle Reskin Theatre, Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park and Jazz Showcase
- Experience opportunities to perform with major local ensembles such as the Civic Orchestra of Chicago
- Upon graduation, are prepared for the rigors of the highly competitive field of music performance
Learn more about the Performance program and your instrument studio on our Studios and Areas of Study page.