The DePaul University School of Music is now offering high school juniors an opportunity to audition for conditional acceptance and as much as a 50% scholarship if pursuing a degree as a bass or viola performance major.
Simply sign up for an audition by clicking the link below. Auditions for prospective bass performance majors will be held on February 19 and 26, and for prospective viola performance majors on February 11 and 26. A School of Music admissions officer will contact you via email to confirm your audition appointment within two weeks of submitting your form. You will receive notification within two months after your audition about the potential offer of a performance award scholarship.
Sign Up to Audition
Please note the following:
- In 2017, the opportunity to audition for the DePaul School of Music as a high school junior is only open to those students who wish to major in bass or viola performance.
- Any School of Music admission offer and/or scholarship award is contingent upon being accepted into DePaul University. High school juniors who audition in February of 2017 must then apply to the university through the Common Application in the fall of their senior year. Only after being accepted to DePaul will scholarship offers become valid.
- Scholarships to high school juniors are not binding on those who accept the scholarship until May 1 of the year of matriculation.
- A high school junior who auditions in February 2017 and is offered a performance scholarship and is then accepted to DePaul University in the fall/winter of 2017, may choose to audition a second time in February 2018 to be considered for an increase in their scholarship award.
- A high school junior who auditions in February 2017 and is not accepted to the School of Music, is welcome to audition again in February of their senior year without any adverse consequence.
- Please email the admissions office with any further questions about this opportunity.