Please prepare the following flute excerpts.
- Rossini - William Tell Overture (mm 181-mm. 226)
- Mahler - Das Lied von Erde (all excerpts in Jeanne Baxtresser's book)
- Prokofiev - Classical Symphony, mvt. 4 (4 before K until 9 after N)
- Prokofiev - Peter and the Wolf (11 before Rehearsal 52 until 2nd bar of Rehearsal 52)
- Shostakovich - Symphony No. 8, movement 4 (solo before rehearsal 119)
Oboe auditions will consist of all of the listed excerpts.
- Mussorgsky - Pictures at an Exhibition -Tuileries (beginning to number 35)
- Stravinsky - Song of the Nightingale (3 bars before number 59 to 6 bars after number 60)
- Brahms, Haydn Variations, Theme and Variations - Variation 3 (beginning to letter A, and letter C to measure 135)
Along with the music included here, please be prepared to play a two octave C Major scale (Concert Bb,) at the tempo quarter note = 60, slurred.
- Mendelssohn - Symphony #4
- Tchaikovsky - Symphony #6
- Rimsky-Korsakov - Le coq d'or
Please prepare each excerpt as written.
Horn auditions will consist of the below pieces.
- Brahms - Serenade #1
- Bernstein - "Somewhere" West Side Story
- Mahler #3 - Moment I
- Beethhoven - Fidelio Overture, Op. 72
Optional - to be played by any who would like to audition in addition to English Horn. English Horn auditions will consist of the below pieces.
Please prepare the following as marked:
- movement 1 measure 58-72
- movement 1 measure 142 to the end
- movement 3 measure 127-148
- movement 3 measure 265-281
Trumpet auditions will consist of all of the listed excerpts.
- Respighi - Pines of Rome
- Mussorgsky - Pictures at an Exhibition
Students that want to be considered for tenor trombone positions should prepare the three tenor trombone excerpts.
Click below to download the Tuba excerpts: