1. Tuition rates for CMD lessons and classes are listed under each course description. A $5 registration fee is charged per quarter per student or family.
2. A finance charge of 1.5% per month (18% APR) will be assessed on unpaid, undisputed balances more than 30 days past due.
3. Lesson spots cannot be guaranteed for any continuing student registering after the official registration dates.
4. Tuition charges and fees do not cover the cost of books, music or instruments.
5. A holding fee of $15 is required for all classes except Suzuki groups
6. Fees are subject to change.
1. Tuition and fees are payable in advance each quarter, before the first lesson or class.
- Payment can be made by check, money order or credit card (Visa/MasterCard/Discover).
- Checks should be made payable to DePaul University. No cash
will be accepted. Checks returned for insufficient funds are subject to a
$25 penalty fee applied to the student’s account.
2. Students may submit tuition payment by mail, fax, phone or in person.
Send Tuition Payment to:
Community Music Division
804 W. Belden Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614.
By Fax: If paying by credit card, fax the completed invoice to: 773/325-4935.
By Phone: Call the CMD office, 773/325-7262.
In Person: Stop by the CMD office, Room 328.
3. Registration is complete only when the registration form and payment have been received and processed by the CMD office. Students will not be permitted to attend lessons or classes until tuition and the registration fee have been paid.
4. The CMD offers two payment plans.
Students pay in advance each quarter. New students must register before the start of their first lesson or class.
An installment plan is available for students registering for a full quarter. Under this plan, the quarter’s tuition is divided into two installments. The first installment is due prior to the student’s first lesson. The second installment is due at the midpoint of the quarter. The fee for the installment plan is $10. Students who discontinue lessons or classes during a quarter are still responsible for full payment of that quarter’s tuition.
Except in the case of extreme circumstances, returning students must register for the full number of private lessons each quarter. Tuition for classes must be paid in full regardless of the time of enrollment. Tuition may not be credited from one quarter to the next. If a student’s balance has not been received by the last day of the quarter, the student will not be able to re-enroll for the following quarter.
Completed applications should be faxed (773.325.4935), mailed
(804 W. Belden Ave, Chicago, IL 60614) or handed in directly to CMD
staff at the office during regular hours (M-F, 10 am - 7 pm). Please
call the office, 773.325.7262, if you have any questions regarding
Depending on availability of funds,
financial assistance covering partial tuition expenses is granted to
pre-college students on the basis of proven financial need and
demonstrated commitment. In order to receive financial assistance,
students or their parents must complete a financial aid application and
submit current proof of income (as specified on form). Financial aid
forms with proof of income must be submitted and notification of award
must be received before registration can be completed.
Applications are kept confidential and must be updated yearly.
Financial aid applications must be submitted by early August for
returning students. Continuation of assistance is dependent on regular
attendance and teacher/director evaluation of the student’s commitment
and progress. Financial aid recipients are expected to participate in
the Annual Performathon and to provide volunteer services for the
Division if needed.